Thursday 3 March 2011

Packing


Today is all about packing.  Well packing and dumping to be honest.  It’s quite the cathartic experience!  I finally get to through out those hideous black shoes that I wore to work almost every day.  Not for want of choice (I really don’t think Henrik had any idea what he was getting himself into on that front), but because when cycling in and out every day, one tends to get a bit lazy about the change of clothes one is willing to carry from A to B.

I’ve always prided myself on not being a hoarder, but it’s interesting how much useless stuff I’ve managed to gather in spite of myself.  It’s also quite a lesson in appreciating what a sucker I’ve been for marketing.  I’ve found a full tube and refill of some miracle anti-wrinkle eye cream that I’ve barely used.  I am bringing that with me – just in case!  I have however decided that I won’t be needing sunscreen for my hair for the next couple of months in Norway, so I can part with that.

I’ve spent an unnecessary amount of time trying to decide whether I should bring silly things, like my unsolveable Rubik’s Cube, with me.  The Rubik’s Cube is unsolveable because I’m pretty certain I cheated once and moved some of the stickers around - that’s my excuse for never having matched up more that two sides.  Although I’m fairly certain I won’t be needing these things, I’m realising that I have absolutely no idea what my life is going to be like on Norway.  I feel like I’m standing on the edge of something and about to jump – I just hope I remember to pack my parachute!


No comments:

Post a Comment